Take your creativity to the next level. Unleash your amazing voxel skills in this fantastic VoxEdit contest partnered with CeReels.
Download VoxEdit HERE to get started !
Theme: Recreate Ella Gator from CeREELS, going on an adventure somewhere in the world.
We want you to create a voxel version of Ella Gator on an adventure with a landmark behind them.
Whether they are sipping coffee outside the Eiffel tower. Walking amongst the Cherry blossoms in Japan. Snorkelling in the Great Barrier Reef. Kitted out in their tourist clothes having pictures with a London Beefeater. There are so many possibilities.
Animations : With all our VoxEdit contests, animations are needed. This one however you are free to be a little more expressive with these animations. You can create more scene like videos. Do keep all assets created and scenes within our general guidelines for face and node count.
You are free to use the Ella Gator Template for this contest
Make sure to unzip the folder to open in VoxEdit.
Why should you participate in VoxEdit Contests?
- Exciting prizes: Win SAND prizes, the ability to mint and sell your assets, NFT prizes and other prizes from IPs (minting and selling is only on selected contests so make sure you read to see if those contests are eligible)
- Exposure: VoxEdit Contests are a brilliant way for you to develop and show off your asset creating skills. Where would games be if not for all the fantastic assets inside of them. Take part and we’ll showcase your work
- Skill Enhancement: Refine your Voxel art skills. Explore new ideas and methods and create outside of your usual comfort zone with interesting themes.
- Community Spirit: Take part in a fun and vibrant community of fellow creators and artists, where you can share your progress, exchange ideas, collab with others and learn tips and tricks.
Want to know more about Ella Gator —
Ugly Gatorling Soul Searching in Florida | Ella Gator S1 · E1 [Animated Music Video]
15,000 SAND will be split amongst the top entries in the following ways :
- 1st place: 6,000 SAND + Reel Book Set
- 2nd place: 3,500 SAND + Reel Book Set
- 3rd place: 2000 SAND + Reel Book Set
- 4th to 10th place : Each receives 500 SAND. + Reel Book Set
*SAND prizes will now be sent on Polygon network.
** To be able to receive the Reel Book Set (11 books) you will need to make sure to confirm in the submission form that you are happy with the CeREEL team to reach out to you.
IMPORTANT: KYC is needed to place in the top 3 or you need to be a verified creator. 4th — 10th place can earn rewards without KYC.
How to be a verified creator?
- Have a studio linked with a GMF account. or
- Have participated in 5 contests and placed top 10 during one of those times.
🗓️ Important dates!
- Submissions open : September 14th.
- Submission deadline: October 1st, 11:59PM UTC.
- Results announced : October 22nd
✅How To Submit Your Entry
- Create a GIF of your fully animated asset. (We recommend using Gyazo).
- Tweet your asset’s GIF mentioning @VoxEdit, @TheSandboxGame on Twitter. Make sure to include #VoxEditWeekly hashtags in your Tweet.
- To finalize your submission, please fill out the following Google Form: https://forms.gle/kMjVT4PPBpETWhCs6
⚠️Important Entry Guidelines
- Low quality entries or spammed entries with no effort put into their creation will be disqualified at The Sandbox’s discretion. The same goes for attempting to claim other people’s creations as your own — we’ll know.
- Entries containing elements of any kind of discriminative or overly sexualised nature will be disqualified from the contest. Keep it family friendly.
- Your submission must be original, made entirely by you. You cannot make an ASSET of a character that belongs to someone else (ie, Marvel, Disney, Sega etc).
- If a contest is in partnership with an external brand, you are allowed to use their logo but cannot upload your asset on the marketplace.
- Your entry must be made in The Sandbox’s free VoxEdit software (click here), available on Windows and Mac.
- Make sure you have read and understood the VoxEdit Contest Guidelines.
- Assets should not exceed more than 5000 faces.
- Assets should not exceed a max of 175 nodes.
- The maximum size of an asset is 512 voxels tall (16 meters). Floor print should not exceed 512 x 512 x 512.
- You can submit more than one entry.
- Voting will be conducted internally by The Sandbox team.
Your asset will be judged based on the 5 criteria below. Each criterion follows a scale of 1 to 5, 1 being “very poor” and 5 being “very good”.
Level of complexity has a score scale of 1–2.
- Creativity (How creative was the asset based on the theme?)
- Optimisation (Does this asset look optimised in Sandbox Game? Low face and node count is more optimised, ).
- Aesthetics (Geometry, shape / Proportion / Colour Palette / Texture / Level of detail).
- Quality of Animation (Was new animations added? Flow of the animation).
- Level of Complexity (How difficult is the asset to make)
This contest will not include usability due to the nature of the contest.