‘Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening’ Game Jam
Good morning, afternoon, evening! Wherever you are, there is always a game jam for you 🌎
The GMAE show is taking over your Game Jam!
The Game Jam
Using The Sandbox Game Maker software, create an experience based on The Sandbox community and show us your own personal “GMAE”! Bring the world of The Sandbox to life with community members, friends, and The Sandbox staff. Community Managers along with the live streamers will need to be featured in your entry, and we’ve prepared your friends in The Sandbox for your next game!
Create any experience that you like, it must include all 11 staff models. Get them HERE!
The prize pool consists of a total of 15,000 $SAND split the following ways.
- 1st place: 6,000 SAND
- 2nd place: 3,500 SAND
- 3rd place: 2,000 SAND
- 4th to 10th place: each receive 500 SAND
- The Game Jam begins on June 27th, 2022.
- The deadline to complete and submit your entry is the July 17th 2022, at 3pm UTC.
- Submissions gathering and voting will take place from July 18th till August 7th.
- The results will be announced on the August 13th, 2022.
Important Entry Guidelines
- Your entry must be designed in the Game Maker software.
- Your entry can include assets you’ve created yourself.
- Your entry must have some playability (quests, missions you name it).
- Your entry must be unique and not a direct copy of any existing experiences (similarities are fine, exact copies are not!).
- Spamming the gallery with a number of low quality experiences just to try and fit into the 4th-10th places may result in all your entries being disqualified.
- Not completing the submission steps correctly (see below) may result in your entry being ineligible.
- The judging will be done by The Sandbox’s staff.
What makes an entry valid?
- Game length should be at least 5 minutes (excluding timed, collection quests).
- Use at least 25 different assets.
- Follow the storyline/theme.
- Experience must be created after the start date (any experiences built for previous game jams cannot be used).
- The Sandbox staff members have the right to remove any entry as they see fit.
Submitting Your Entry
We will be using the Game Maker “Gallery” feature as a form for submissions.
You MUST also submit your game to the following form link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfwt_wAs7WnsjGR4hFoDOIIk1DsR9MNfwJr02EItgkTprjq7A/viewform
WARNING! If you submit your entry to the Game Jam gallery but do not submit it to the form linked above (or vice versa), your entry will not be eligible!
Slow down — check everything! Take the time to submit a qualitative experience, rather than rushing and submitting a half-finished experience.
Game Jam FAQ
Who can join the Game Jam?
Anyone who is eligible to create an account at The Sandbox can enter the Game Jam.
Can I use other people’s assets?
No, you cannot use assets that you haven’t created or purchased. Using assets created by another user without permission will result in your experience being disqualified. Default assets created by “TSB-Account-1” and “SandboxGame” are free to use.
Are teams or studios allowed?
Yes! You are welcome to work independently or as a team/studio of no more than 4 members per team.
Where can I get the Game Maker and/or VoxEdit from?
Here are the official links:
Where can I find guides for the Game Maker and VoxEdit software?
Check out the tutorials page on The Sandbox’s official knowledge base here: https://sandboxgame.gitbook.io/the-sandbox/other/tutorials. It’s super effective, if you are a beginner!
You can also join our Discord community, where creators often share tips with each other and post their own tutorials. You can also share your entry with the community for feedback, if you wish. The Discord community link is: https://discord.com/invite/cgCFFjj.
The entries are judged on a 100 points scale divided into the following categories:
- Overall Idea — (25 Points)
- Level/Game Design — (25 Points)
- Creativity — (25 Points)
- Playability — (25 Points)
- Bonus Points: Wow Factor — (Up to 25 Points Extra)
Do you have what it takes to win this contest? Submit your entry and find out!