A NFT collection by Index Game
The Sandbox and INDEX GAME are proud to present you the Master 8 NFT Collection. The drop consist of 12 NFTs inspired by legends from Chinese martial arts. The collection will be live on our Marketplace on May 6th, 3pm UTC.
Before presenting you the NFTs, here is a quick course on Chinese Martial Arts! 😉
Chinese martial arts, which are also known as Kung Fu, is the quintessence of China. It has been an integral part of the 5000-year-Chinese culture.
After centuries of development in different geographical locations, martial arts has become a large system containing various families, schools or sects. The practice includes combat skills, fighting techniques, defensive tactics and use of weapons. In addition to physical training, philosophy, ethics and even medical practice were also highly regarded.
In sum, Chinese martial arts consist of organized systems and codes of combat primarily practiced for physical, mental, spiritual development, and self-defense. Each school reveals much about Chinese history, culture, and traditions and represents its unique philosophy that shapes the culture in different ways. Unfortunately, these Kung Fu systems and their corresponding philosophy is fading away.
Behind this collection, INDEX GAME’s goal is preserve the precious historical legacy of Kung Fu and start developing NFTs with this specific theme — Master 8. It is not only the first series of NFTs produced by INDEX GAME, but also the first Chinese martial arts thematic NFTs in The Sandbox.
We are passionate about advocating the Chinese Martial Arts and enhancing your understanding on Kung Fu. After an extensive research on Hong Kong martial arts novels, we handpick The Eight Kung Fu Masters that are legendary characters. They represent various Kung Fu families and philosophies. Each Master has hence been uniquely designed with their characterized outfits and looks, carrying their signature weapons. With their corresponding Kung Fu and magic, each Master won’t rest until the become the best Chinese fighter in the metaverse. — INDEX GAME
- The White Eyebrowed Monk — The Eyebrowed Monk wore long white eyebrows and beard. Even though his weapon was simply a whisk, he was invincible as he was able to sustain the thrusts of sharp weapons on his bare skin.
- GuanYu — Guan Yu was a legendary warrior of Shu-Han Dynasty in the Three Kingdoms. His face was redder than dates, wore two-feet beard, and nine-feet tall. He used his giant crescent blade to kill the enemies.
- The Shaolin 18 Bronzemen — The Shaolin 18 Bronzemen were the hotshot and represented the highest protection of the temple. They integrated martial arts with the philosophy of Buddhism. Their skin was painted gold and they fought with swords, sticks and kung fu. Tradition demanded people to fight and defeat the apparently invincible 18 Bronzemen in order to pass out.
- Nezha — Nezha was a Chinese mythological figure. He was first known as a child, but he was indeed the spiritual bead refined by Immortal Tai Yi, reincarnated as human beings. His magic weapon was the hot wheels which could brought him up to heaven and down to earth swiftly.
- Huang Feihong — Huang Feihong ran a medical clinic called Po Chi Lam and taught people how to self-defence in last Qing Dynasty. He wore the hairstyle “queue”, with the hair on top of the scalp grown long and often braided, while the front portion of the head shaved. His signature moves were shadowless kick that was a fast and swift front kick. The motion was so fast that it casted no shadow.
- The One-Armed Swordsman — The One-Armed Swordsman was from a well-known Chinese-martial-arts-novel in the 60s of Hong Kong. He was famous of his Lovers’ Blades. He was victimized and gave his right arm. He then practised sharp knife using his left hand, and revenged with three knives in a hand.
- The Maoshan Taoist Priest — The Maoshan Taoist Priest is an old man, who dressed in the yellow gown and held a peach-wood sword in times of performing magics. Besides martial arts, he exorcised ghosts and casted out demons. In addition, he could capture, train and tame spirits with Talismans.
- The Lady Master — The Lady Master was in charge of an ancient private security company that protected valuable property during transportation. Her signature weapon was the double blades. She could play them skilfully by watching the body moves of the opponents.
- Buddha Scene — Based on Chinese legend, the heavenly paradise can only be accessed by gods.
- Po Chi Lam Scene — Po Chi Lam was a Chinese medicine clinic which was founded by the Chinese martial arts master Huang Feihong and where he gathered his disciples.
- Arena Scene — The top martial arts practitioners would gather annually at this arena to compete for the championship.
- Rural Scene — An isolated hut on the top of the mountain where the master is hidden.