Playboy VoxEdit Contest
We’re proud to be partnering with the iconic Playboy for this new VoxEdit contest!
For nearly 70 years, the iconic lifestyle brand has been fighting for cultural progress rooted in the core values of equality, freedom of expression and the belief that pleasure is a fundamental human right.
The Sandbox users are invited to translate Playboy’s vision into a piece of art. Your goal is to create an asset inspired by the Playboy universe. Remember to keep it family-friendly 😉.
15,000 SAND will be split amongst the top entries the following ways:
- 1st place: 6,000 SAND;
- 2nd place: 3,500 SAND;
- 3rd place: 2,000 SAND;
- 4th to 10th place: each receives 500 SAND.
In addition, any winner among the top 10 who holds a Playboy Rabbitar NFT as of 3pm UTC on September 9th will receive special Playboy merch and an additional 69 SAND (in honor of Playboy’s 69th Anniversary!)
- Submissions open: August 5th, at 00:00pm UTC.
- Submissions close: August 19th, at 23:59pm UTC.
- Reviews and voting begins: August 20th to September 4th.
- Rabbitar Hodler Wallet Snapshot: September 9th, at 3 pm UTC
- Results announcement: September 10th.
How To Submit Your Entry
- Create a GIF of your fully animated asset. (We recommend using Gyazo).
- Tweet your asset’s GIF mentioning @VoxEdit and @TheSandboxGame on Twitter. Make sure to include the #VoxEditWeekly hashtag in your tweet.
- To finalize your submission, please fill out the following Google Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1HH2C_jZs_y-tLGDF3My3Yn5Z15MZLz70bTFpbx2egoI/edit
Important Entry Guidelines
- Low quality entries or spammed entries with no effort put into their creation will be disqualified at The Sandbox’s discretion. The same goes for attempting to claim other people’s creations as your own — we’ll know.
- Entries with sexual, homophobic, racist, and other NSFW or inappropriate references will be disqualified. Keep it family-friendly.
- Your entry must be made in The Sandbox’s free VoxEdit software (click here), available on Windows and Mac.
- Make sure you have read and understood the VoxEdit Contest Guidelines.
- Assets should not exceed more than 5000 faces.
- Assets should not exceed a max of 175 nodes.
- The maximum size of an asset is 512 voxels tall (16 meters). Floor print should not exceed 512 x 512 x 512.
- In connection with your creation of assets for submission to this contest, while you may use elements that are inspired by or thematically related to Playboy’s intellectual property (such as “Playboy”, “Playboy Rabbitars”, “Rabbitars”, “Leveretia”, “Rabbit Head Design”, and associated logos), you are not receiving any license or right by Playboy to use any of Playboy’s intellectual property in any manner whatsoever. Any permitted use of elements for your entry assets that may be inspired by or thematically related to Playboy’s intellectual property are solely for your personal, non-commercial purposes and in connection with potential use and display in Playboy’s The Sandbox metaverse.
By entering this contest, entrants grant The Sandbox, Playboy Enterprises, Inc., their agents, subsidiaries, and affiliates (the “Licensees”) a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable right to exercise the copyright, publicity, database rights and any other rights entrants have in their entry submissions, in any media now known or hereafter devised (including without limitation, the internet), without any compensation. Further, by entering the contest, entrant grants Licensees the additional license to modify, adapt, translate, create derivative works from, and distribute the content (with the understanding that Licensees are under no obligation to do so), or incorporate the entry submissions into any form, medium or technology, and, to use entry submissions for advertising and promotional purposes. Licensees shall not be required to designate entrants as the creator or author of any entry submissions that are distributed or otherwise exploited by Licensees.
New to VoxEdit Or Need Assistance?
- Check out our new VoxEdit Academy knowledge base by clicking here.
- Join our Discord community to chat with other artists, linked at the bottom of this article.
General Terms & Conditions
The Licensees, Instagram, Twitter, and Discord, and each of their respective employees, officers, shareholders, and directors (collectively, “Contest Releasees”) will not have any obligation or responsibility, including any responsibility to award any prize to entrants, with regard to: (a) entries that contain inaccurate information or do not comply with or violate the contest entry guidelines; (b) entries, prize claims or notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer, human or technical error of any kind; © entrants who have committed fraud or deception in entering or participating in the contest or claiming a prize; (d) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (e) any inability of any winner to accept the prize for any reason; (f) if a prize cannot be awarded due to delays or interruptions due to Acts of God, natural disasters, terrorism, weather or any other similar event beyond The Sandbox’s reasonable control; or (g) any damages, injuries or losses of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from awarding, acceptance, possession, use, misuse, loss or misdirection of any prize or resulting from participating in this contest or any promotion or prize related activities. ANY PERSON ATTEMPTING TO DEFRAUD LICENSEES OR IN ANY WAY TAMPER WITH, DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST WILL BE DISQUALIFIED AND MAY BE SUBJECT TO CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, ENTRANT FULLY AND UNCONDITIONALLY RELEASES, DISCHARGES AND HOLDS HARMLESS THE CONTEST RELEASES FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, COSTS, EXPENSES, ATTORNEY’S FEES, DAMAGES AND OTHER LIABILITIES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST AND CONTEST RELATED ACTIVITIES (SUCH AS ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE), INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION BUT TO THE EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, DEMANDS, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION FOR NEGLIGENCE, DAMAGES TO PROPERTY, BODILY INJURY (INCLUDING DEATH), PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF CONSORTIUM, CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, PUNITIVE DAMAGES AND ALL OTHER FORMS OF CLAIMS, LIABILITIES AND DAMAGES.
All disputes arising under or relating to the contest will be governed by the laws of California, without regard for conflicts of laws principles. All disputes arising under or relating to the contest shall be submitted to and resolved by binding arbitration in Los Angeles, California, any award shall be confirmed in the courts situated in Los Angeles County, California. The arbitration shall be conducted on a confidential basis pursuant to the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any decision or award as a result of any such arbitration proceeding shall be in writing and shall provide an explanation for all conclusions of law and fact and shall include the assessment of costs, expenses, and reasonable attorneys’ fees. Any such arbitration shall include a written record of the arbitration hearing.
Good luck to all participants!