The Star Atlas VoxEdit Contest
We’re 600 years in the future in a golden age of space exploration. A long but fragile truce between 3 factions is in danger of collapse as all seek untold treasures in the deepest reaches of the galaxy.
As an envoy from The Sandbox galaxy, your task, should you accept it, is to visit one of these 3 factions (Oni, Mud and Ustur) and make a report on the beings you meet.
- The ONI: A consortium of alien species who — after nearly exterminating one another in war — set aside their differences in the hopes of a more bountiful life in space.
- The Ustur: Spawned by an advanced AI. They are a collective of sentient, soft-formed androids with a developed sense of identity, culture and fashion. Though their origin is shrouded in mystery, it is thought they each contain a sliver of the original parent AI.
- The MUD: A faction of humans who were led by a god-like alien being to plunder all of the Earth’s remaining resources to set off for the promise of the stars.
Using our VoxEdit software create one of the inhabitants you encountered there.
While exploring the galaxy, you get inspired by the cosmic marvels and want to fill the void with sound and creativity.
Design an immersive and entertaining headpiece for an avatar with VoxEdit. Get inspired by the astral beats from the talented metaverse artist BLOND:ISH, who already lives and creates on both The Sandbox and Star Atlas’ ecosystems.
You can add some more pizzazz to your creation by including the gif and GLTF files of your BLOND:ISH headpiece*to your submission! The best submission will win two lustrous Star Atlas spaceships!
*The headpiece needs to fit an avatar.
A total of 50,000 SAND will be split amongst the top entries:
- 1st place: 20,000 SAND and an Opal Bitboat (valued at roughly $10k)
- 2nd place: 15,000 SAND and 2x Calico ATS Enforcer + a Calico Medtech (valued at roughly $5k)
- 3rd place: 8,000 SAND and an Ogrika Mik, a Busan Thrill of Life and a Calico Medtech (valued at roughly $2500)
- 4th to 10th place: each receive 1,000 SAND and a Busan Thrill of Life (valued at roughly $940)
- Best BLOND:SH headpiece wins an Ogrika Mik and a Busan Thrill of Life (valued at roughly $1600)
- Submissions open: May 2nd, at 00:00PM UTC.
- Submissions close: May 15th, at 23:59PM UTC.
- Reviews and voting will occur between: May 16th and June 5th.
- Result announcement: June 11th.
Voting will be conducted by The Sandbox and Star Atlas team.
How To Submit Your Entry
- Create a GIF of your fully animated asset. (We recommend using Gyazo).
- Tweet your asset’s GIF mentioning @VoxEdit, @TheSandboxGame and @StarAtlas on Twitter. Make sure to include #VoxEditWeekly and #WeAreStarAtlas hashtags in your tweet.
- To finalize your submission, please fill out the following Google Form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfgNFxuh4vDc4GWu312gesFfT_bEtif3EH5jdr_wOU-yrb0Cw/viewform
- Learn more about Star Atlas and factions by joining a faction. Doing so will grant you a chance to win a Star Atlas space ship.
Important Entry Guidelines
- Low quality entries or spammed entries with no effort put into their creation will be disqualified at The Sandbox’s discretion. The same goes for attempting to claim other people’s creations as your own — we’ll know.
- Entries with sexual, homophobic, racist, and other NSFW or inappropriate references will be disqualified. Keep it family friendly.
- Your entry must be made in The Sandbox’s free VoxEdit software (click here), available on Windows and Mac.
- Make sure you have read and understood the VoxEdit Contest Guidelines.
New to VoxEdit Or Need Assistance?
- Check out our new VoxEdit Academy knowledge base by clicking here.
- Join our Discord community to chat with other artists, linked at the bottom of this article.
Good luck travelers!
About Star Atlas
Star Atlas is a next-gen gaming metaverse emerging from the confluence of state of the art blockchain, real-time graphics, multiplayer video game, and decentralized financial technologies. Real-time graphics technology using Unreal Engine 5’s Nanite allows for cinematic quality video game visuals. Blockchain technology using the Solana protocol establishes a largely serverless and secured gameplay experience. Non-fungible tokens obtained and traded within Star Atlas creates an economy that replicates the tangibility of real world assets and ownership.
The Star Atlas metaverse is set in the year 2620. The universe has been colonized, and balkanized. Three factions split control, while somewhere in the deepest, most dangerous sector of space, something extremely valuable lurks. These 3 factions are: MUD , ONI and USTUR…