The Pororo Game Jam [Closed] + Winners
The Pororo Game Jam has successfully ended. We want to thank you for your interest and support.
We sincerely appreciate all Sandboxers who created brilliant experiences inspired by the Pororo and Friends universe. All of you demonstrated many possibilities within the Game Maker’s features.
The Sandbox team and Iconix have selected the top 10 winners among the numerous participants. Check out the video of winning entries!
Anyone can play all the submissions of this Game Jam through the Drafts Gallery tab in Game Maker.
Go here to find out if your ID is on the winning list (the prize will be sent to 1 main wallet, teams will have to distribute):
There are more upcoming Game Jams and VoxEdit contests, so stay tuned!
Pororo is looking for a great experience during his metaverse trip. Are you ready to see how happy Pororo and friends are playing in the metaverse? This is your chance to create a new experience that they could have fun with.
Time to use the Game Maker software and create a game experience inspired by the Pororo universe!
More info here!
The prize pool consists of a total of 250,000 $SAND split the following ways.
※Based on Upbit market price (1 SAND = 1,670 Korean won) at 10am on May 30th.
- 1st place: 65,000 $SAND
- 2nd place: 30,000 $SAND
- 3rd place: 20,000 $SAND
- 4th to 10th place: 5,000 $SAND each
- Each participant will win 100 $SAND
Note: If there are over 1000 valid entries then winners will be selected at random awarding, 100 $SAND to each of the 1000 selected. 100 $SAND prize will be sent to 1 wallet (teams will have to distribute).
- The Game Jam begins on May 30th, 2022.
- The deadline to complete and submit your entry is the June 12th 2022, at 5:59am UTC.
- Submissions gathering and voting will take place from June 13th till July 3rd.
- The results will be announced on the July 9th, 2022.
Important Entry Guidelines
- Your entry must be designed in the Game Maker software.
- Your entry can include assets you’ve created yourself.
- Residents of Japan may only use assets that they have created themselves and the free materials (*) originally included in GameMaker.
(*These are assets created by SandboxGame and tsb-game-account-1.)
- Your entry must have some playability (quests, missions you name it).
- Your entry must be unique and not a direct copy of any existing experiences (similarities are fine, exact copies are not!).
- Spamming the gallery with a number of low quality experiences just to try and fit into the 4th-10th places may result in all your entries being disqualified.
- Your entry should only include assets that you either created, purchased or made by The Sandbox.
- Not completing the submission steps correctly (see below) may result in your entry being ineligible.
- The judging will be done by The Sandbox’s staff.
What makes an entry valid?
- Game length should be at least 5 minutes (excluding timed, collection quests).
- Use at least 25 different assets.
- Follow the storyline/theme.
- Experience must be created after the start date (any experiences built for previous game jams cannot be used).
- The Sandbox staff members have the right to remove any entry as they see fit.
Submitting Your Entry
We will be using the Game Maker “Gallery” feature as a form for submissions. You MUST upload your game to the gallery following the GIF tutorial below and using the title: “PORORO GAME JAM — Game Title”
You MUST also submit your game to the following form link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeCNupT-_nNiyacIqhSq8SpSDfP3JkQDQHS_wQSNxbzTd3sQQ/viewform
WARNING! If you submit your entry to the Game Jam gallery but do not submit it to the form linked above (or vice versa), your entry will not be eligible!
Slow down — check everything! Take the time to submit a qualitative experience, rather than rushing and submitting a half-finished experience.
Game Jam FAQ
Who can join the Game Jam?
Anyone who is eligible to create an account at The Sandbox can enter the Game Jam.
How the assets approval process works?
Sending each link for approval is NO longer necessary.
Step 4 of the upload process now has the button “Publish” automating this process. Please ensure you have tested the asset in the game maker before hitting “Publish”.
If the button is greyed out please request an artist account here — https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdh3nQtWhAH_nYq528K2WldVQ6kXQNLxekXqEQrrphBZ3hYJw/viewform
You will receive an email once a staff member has made the change.
Sandbox T&C apply and any assets that break the rules or copyright laws will be removed and a staff member in contact.
Any Questions please use The Sandbox Discord.
Are teams or studios allowed?
Yes. You are welcome to work independently or as a team/studio of no more than 4 members per team.
Where can I get the Game Maker and/or VoxEdit from?
Here are the official links:
Where can I find guides for the Game Maker and VoxEdit software?
Check out the tutorials page on The Sandbox’s official knowledge base here: https://sandboxgame.gitbook.io/the-sandbox/other/tutorials. It’s super effective, if you are a beginner!
You can also join our Discord community, where creators often share tips with each other and post their own tutorials. You can also share your entry with the community for feedback, if you wish. The Discord community link is: https://discord.com/invite/cgCFFjj.
The entries are judged on a 100 points scale divided into the following categories:
- Overall Idea — (25 Points)
- Level/Game Design — (25 Points)
- Creativity — (25 Points)
- Playability — (25 Points)
- Bonus Points: Wow Factor — (Up to 25 Points Extra)
The judging will be done by The Sandbox and Iconix.
Do you have what it takes to win this contest? Submit your entry and find out!