The Ragnarok Game Jam
Ragnarok explorers, now is the time to create your new Ragnarok metaverse world!
To celebrate its 20th anniversary, Romantic Fantasy MMORPG Ragnarok Online enters The Sandbox metaverse.
Ragnarok Game Jam
Create your version of iconic and representative content from Ragnarok Online, beloved for the last 20 years!
All types of interactive content with Ragnarok universe and narrative to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Ragnarok Online.
The prize pool consists of a total of 250,000 SAND, and the award category is more diversified so that the newbies can participate without hesitation.
1. Overall Excellence Award
Create the best Ragnarok experience!
- 1st Place: 10,000 SAND
- 2nd Place: 8,000 SAND
- 3rd Place: 7,000 SAND
2. Excellence by categories / Participation Award
It is okay not to be perfect. Bring your creativity to life!
- Best Idea (Top 25 people): 5,000 SAND
- Best Design (Top 10 people): 3,000 SAND
- Participation Award (500 people): 100 SAND
Notes for Participation Award: The participation prize winners will be selected through a raffle when the number of Game Jam entries exceeds 500. Please note entries that do not follow the guideline could be excluded from the participation award list.
* Participants could not repeatedly receive the Overall Excellence and Best Idea/Design Awards.
* The prize will be awarded to one wallet, so please split it by yourselves if you are participating as a team.
3. Event Award
- User’s PICK (10 people): 1,000 SAND
We will select the 10 most popular entries through user voting when Game Jam ends.
*Among the submissions, 50 best submissions will be selected by The Sandbox first, and then user voting will be held.
- Game Maker Guide (20 people): 500 SAND
Share your Game Maker guide video on YouTube!
- The eligible entry for Game Maker Guide Award is a guide video of creating your game to participate Ragnarok Game Jam.
- This guide video includes educational content such as placing assets and establishing chains of logic for Game Maker newbies can refer.
- The Sandbox internal education team will select the winners.
Notes: The prize will be awarded to one wallet, so please split it by yourselves if you are participating as a team.
Game Maker guide applicant link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScSLBoVhZZ0UXxTx0x_LU1kasdQhu6LH-MvsSc-9yl4TH7Q_g/viewform
4. Social Event
- Subscription Event (gleam.io) (500 people): Ragnarok special NFT ‘Novice’ airdrop
Ragnarok special NFT ‘NOVICE’
Ragnarok special NFT ‘Novice’ airdrop via raffle for 500 people among the participants.
Gleam Event Link: https://gleam.io/bGPQD/-
Criteria for judging works
Works that do not meet the judging criteria may be excluded from the award, so please check the judging criteria!
The Sandbox Ragnarok Game Jam Judging Criteria
This Game Jam runs for about a month. Please keep the submission period.
- Submissions open: September 7th, at 13:00 pm UTC
- Submissions close: October 9th, at 14:59 pm UTC
- Reviews and voting begins: October 10th to October 28th
- Result announcement: November 7th, 2022
How To Submit Your Entry
Head over to our website for more details: https://bit.ly/3cT2AXZ
We will be using the Game Maker “Gallery” feature as a form for submissions.
You MUST upload your game to the gallery following the GIF tutorial below and using the title: “RAGNAROK GAME JAM — Game Title(English)”
WARNING! If you submit your entry to the Game Jam gallery but do not submit it to the form linked above (or vice versa), your entry will not be eligible!
Slow down — check everything! Take the time to submit a qualitative experience, rather than rushing and submitting a half-finished experience.
Important Entry Guidelines
Keep these guidelines below in mind when creating. Your entry will not be eligible unless you have correctly followed all of the steps.
- Your entry must be designed in The Sandbox’s free Game Maker software (click here), available on Windows and Mac.
- Using Ragnarok NFTs is not mandatory.
- Your entry must include at least 25 different assets.
- Your entry should only include assets that you either created or made by The Sandbox. Custom assets made by the others are not allowed to use.
- Entries with sexual, homophobic, racist, and other NSFW or inappropriate references will be disqualified. Keep it family-friendly.
- Your entry must follow the storyline/theme, and have some playability. Game length should be at least 5 minutes (excluding timed, collection quests).
- Your entry must be unique and not a direct copy of any existing experiences (similarities are fine, but exact copies are not!).
- Experience must be created after the start date (any experiences built for previous game jams cannot be used).
- Low-quality entries or spammed entries with no effort put into their creation will be disqualified at The Sandbox’s discretion.
- Make sure you have read and understood the Entry Guidelines. Not completing the submission steps correctly may result in your entry being ineligible.
- The review and voting will be done by The Sandbox and Gravity.
- Gravity might use the winning entries in their LAND in the future.
Submissions that do not meet the judging criteria may be excluded from the award, so ensure you’ve read all of this carefully! Read the judging criteria: https://thesandboxkorea.notion.site/Game-Jam-Criteria-and-Judging-Process-c33eaaa771f94e1aa77f9be9c76f48bf
Game Jam FAQ
Who can join the Game Jam?
Anyone who is eligible to create an account at The Sandbox can enter the Game Jam.
Are teams or studios allowed?
Yes! You are welcome to work independently or as a team/studio of no more than 4 members per team. The prize will be awarded to one wallet, so please split it by yourselves if you are participating as a team.
Should I have Ragnarok voxel assets to participate?
No. You can freely create your own experience using the Ragnarok universe/storyline even if you don’t have any Ragnarok assets.
Can I use custom ASSETs made by myself in Game Jam entries?
Yes. You can use the VoxEdit software to design your own ASSETs to use in your Game Jam entry. Please check in advance whether your custom asset works fine in Game Maker before you submit your entry.
- Once your asset is complete, you will be able to export it to The Sandbox marketplace and ‘publish,’ then import it into Game Maker.
Where can I get the Game Maker and/or VoxEdit from?
Here are the official links:
Where can I find guides for the Game Maker and VoxEdit software?
Check out the tutorials page on The Sandbox’s official knowledge base here:
Do you have what it takes to win this contest? Submit your entry and find out!
To know more about the contest and the Ragnarok NFT collection, go here!