The Sandbox X NFT Biennial VoxEdit Contest
We are excited to announce a VoxEdit contest in collaboration with NFT Biennial.
🚀 “Will the future we face force us to integrate into a decentralized structure in the face of techno rulerships, or will it host the last generation of people striving to take ownership of their own evolutionary processes?”
You too can help us maintain the order of nature with the goddesses you design with VoxEdit. Apply now to create one of a kind designs with the aesthetic of Voxel in The Sandbox with VoxEdit tools!
📌 Application and submission processes will be held online, between the 25th January and 5th of February.
🟠 Character designs ranking among the top 3 will be presented during World’s first NFT Biennial, in the physical gallery and The Sandbox universe.
The Contest Theme
Voxel art Jam Theme “Cyber-Myth: Post-Human Age Goddesses”
You too can help us maintain the order of nature with the goddesses you design with VoxEdit.
- Submissions open: January 25th
- Submissions close: February 5th, at 11:59pm UTC
Artists ranking among the top 10 will receive invitations to the opening of NFT Biennial at X Media Art Museum.
Prizes will be split amongst the top entries the following ways:
- 1st place: 4,000 SAND
- 2nd place: 2,000 SAND
- 3rd place: 1,000 SAND
- Jury Prize for top 10 Placement
Successful applicants will also have the following opportunities:
- Job opportunities in the area of game design.
- Available funds for applicants with game studios.
- Invitations to game studio projects.
- Exhibiting their projects prepared during the Voxel Art Jam in X Media Art Museum and The Sandbox metaverse, for the World’s first NFT Biennial.
Important Entry Guidelines
- Low quality entries or spammed entries with no effort put into their creation will be disqualified at The Sandbox’s discretion. The same goes for attempting to claim other people’s creations as your own — we’ll know.
- Your submission must be original, made entirely by you. Submitted projects must be authentic and must not replicate previously created characters.
- Not following the submission process (mentioned below) closely will result in disqualification from the process of consideration by the jury.
- Characters designed must be modeled with VoxEdit, software system developed by The Sandbox.
- Characters designed must be of goddesses in line with the theme.
Characters must be designed after the announcement goes live. Designs created for previous Voxel Art Jams must not be used.
- Your entry must be made in The Sandbox’s free VoxEdit software (click here), available on Windows and Mac.
- Make sure you have read and understood the VoxEdit Contest Guidelines (click here).
- Assets should not exceed more than 5000 faces.
- Assets should not exceed a max of 175 nodes.
- The maximum size of an asset is 512 voxels tall (16 meters). Floor print should not exceed 512 x 512 x 512.
- Applicants must follow NFT Biennial, The Sandbox Turkey and The Sandbox’s Twitter and Instagram accounts in order for their applications to be approved.
Arslan Kieran (The Sandbox Head of Growth Turkey/Germany/MENA)
Rahim Ünlü (NFT Biennial Founder/Director)
Serhat Erman ( NFT Biennial Marketing Director)
Voxel Artists from Sandbox Turkey
Esra Özkan (X Media Art Museum Director)
and The Sandbox Team!
How To Submit Your Entry
- Create a GIF of your fully animated asset. (We recommend using Gyazo).
- Tweet your asset’s GIF mentioning @VoxEdit and @TheSandboxGame and @sandboxturkey and @nftbiennial on Twitter. Make sure to include #VoxEditContest hashtag in your Tweet.
- To finalise your submission, please fill out the following Google Form: https://forms.gle/amMNMxAQ4ZxNCHjo8
New to VoxEdit Or Need Assistance?
- Check out our new VoxEdit Academy knowledge base by clicking here.
- Join our Discord community to chat with other artists, linked at the bottom of this article.
Good luck to all entrants!