The VoxoDeus Game Jam
Sci-Fi Mythic: a New Discovery
This Game Jam is brought to you by The Sandbox and VoxoDeus, a collaboration that started in May 2021!
The Game Jam
VoxoDeus is immersed in Sci-Fi Mythic lore and the idea of exploring new lands and experiences is a key theme throughout. You can travel throughout the Omega System, a sci-fi setting of planets and solar systems. You can locate and wield the powerful ancient Heirloom Artefacts. Or maybe, escape to a land called the Forbidden Far, rumored to be filled with mythical creatures…
It is completely up to you the experience that you create. You could have a quest for a timeless Cypherverse artefact, a battle to defend from an oncoming invasion of robits, a planetary scavenger hunt, or countless other experiences out there. The possibilities are endless, just make sure to include a sci-fi mythic flair! Still thinking through ideas? Perhaps try one of these prompts as well: “You Shouldn’t Be Here” , “A Hidden World” , “Keep Moving” , “Falling is Fun” , or “Door to the Beyond”.
VoxoDeus Voxel Assets
VoxoDeus Phase 1 NPC Avatar Assets will be available for Voxo Owners to claim starting June 10th! Make sure to grab your Voxo and head to the VoxoDeus Claim Page on that date.
With this announcement, there will be 3 different VoxoDeus Asset collections available to help you build out your experience. Cypherine Artefacts (3 different swords/shields), Heirloom Artefacts (32 different weapons), & VoxoDeus Avatars (6,312 NPC Characters). Note that it is NOT required that you use these assets to be eligible, however a small amount of bonus points can be earned for using these assets and tying your build into VoxoDeus lore!
The prize pool consists of a total of 15,000 $SAND and VoxoDeus NFTs split the following ways.
- 1st place: 6,000 SAND + 1 VoxoDeus NFT
- 2nd place: 3,500 SAND + 1 Heirloom Artefact
- 3rd place: 2,000 SAND + 1 VoxoDeus Voxel Avatar
- 4th to 10th place: each receive 500 SAND + 1 Rare Cypherine Sword & Shield set
- The Game Jam begins on June 13th, 2022.
- The deadline to complete and submit your entry is the June 26th 2022, at 3pm UTC.
- Submissions gathering and voting will take place from June 27th till July 3rd.
- The results will be announced on the July 23rd, 2022.
Important Entry Guidelines
- Your entry must be designed in the Game Maker software.
- Your entry can include assets you’ve created yourself.
- Residents of Japan may only use assets that they have created themselves and the free materials (*) originally included in GameMaker.
(*These are assets created by SandboxGame and tsb-game-account-1.)
- Your entry must have some playability (quests, missions you name it).
- Your entry must be unique and not a direct copy of any existing experiences (similarities are fine, exact copies are not!).
- Spamming the gallery with a number of low quality experiences just to try and fit into the 4th-10th places may result in all your entries being disqualified.
- Your entry should only include assets that you either created, purchased or made by The Sandbox.
- Not completing the submission steps correctly (see below) may result in your entry being ineligible.
What makes an entry valid?
- Game length should be at least 5 minutes (excluding timed, collection quests).
- Use at least 25 different assets.
- Follow the storyline/theme.
- Experience must be created after the start date (any experiences built for previous game jams cannot be used).
- The Sandbox staff members have the right to remove any entry as they see fit.
Submitting Your Entry
We will be using the Game Maker “Gallery” feature as a form for submissions.
You MUST also submit your game to the following form link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdkBQOznngeFVJHCG7sFcAeR5DIBaeEIOJcKYwMr6srazW4ug/viewform
WARNING! If you submit your entry to the Game Jam gallery but do not submit it to the form linked above (or vice versa), your entry will not be eligible!
Slow down — check everything! Take the time to submit a qualitative experience, rather than rushing and submitting a half-finished experience.
Game Jam FAQ
Who can join the Game Jam?
Anyone who is eligible to create an account at The Sandbox can enter the Game Jam.
How the assets approval process works?
Sending each link for approval is NO longer necessary.
Step 4 of the upload process now has the button “Publish” automating this process. Please ensure you have tested the asset in the game maker before hitting “Publish”.
If the button is greyed out please request an artist account here — https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdh3nQtWhAH_nYq528K2WldVQ6kXQNLxekXqEQrrphBZ3hYJw/viewform
You will receive an email once a staff member has made the change.
Sandbox T&C apply and any assets that break the rules or copyright laws will be removed and a staff member in contact.
Any Questions please use The Sandbox Discord.
Are teams or studios allowed?
Yes! You are welcome to work independently or as a team/studio of no more than 4 members per team.
Where can I get the Game Maker and/or VoxEdit from?
Here are the official links:
Where can I find guides for the Game Maker and VoxEdit software?
Check out the tutorials page on The Sandbox’s official knowledge base here: https://sandboxgame.gitbook.io/the-sandbox/other/tutorials. It’s super effective, if you are a beginner!
You can also join our Discord community, where creators often share tips with each other and post their own tutorials. You can also share your entry with the community for feedback, if you wish. The Discord community link is: https://discord.com/invite/cgCFFjj.
The entries are judged on a 100 points scale divided into the following categories:
- Overall Idea — (25 Points)
- Level/Game Design — (25 Points)
- Creativity — (25 Points)
- Playability — (25 Points)
- Bonus Points: Wow Factor — (Up to 25 Points Extra)
The judging will be done by The Sandbox and VoxoDeus starts.
Do you have what it takes to win this contest? Submit your entry and find out!
VoxoDeus is the world’s first large-scale digital 3D interactive NFT, focused on bringing the highest quality sci-fi mythic art, lore, and utility to the metaverse. Launched in April 2021, VoxoDeus has embodied the idea of bringing the most value for holders while creating something that is stunning and everlasting. Each Voxo comes beautifully presented with a background scene and accompanying soundtrack, offering a truly immersive experience. Additionally, VoxoDeus has minted multiple sandbox asset collections for owners to collect, including Heirloom Artefacts and the upcoming Phase 1 VoxoDeus Avatars!