The Worlds Biggest Demo Drop DJ contest is coming to the metaverse!
- WBDD is coming to the metaverse from 26 January to 8 February 2023.
- Meet the winners of the world’s biggest DJ contests, and dance to their music in the metaverse.
- The experience will be an extension of the IRL event, featuring ambassador Mike Williams.
- The experience will be open for all.
- Complete 80% of the quests and: Win 1 memorabilia ; Share a 50k SAND reward pool with other winners ; Extra 50K SAND prize pool for finishing 80% of the quests (WMG pass owners only)
In collaboration with Warner Music Group, The Sandbox will hold the World’s Biggest Demo Drop (WBDD), the premier DJ talent contest organized by Spinnin’ Records that has been launching new artists for two decade.
The party starts on 26 January 2023 and runs through 8 February 2023!
Spinnin’ Records’ WBDD has been the biggest DJ annual talent contest for over 20 years. For the first time, tracks from this year’s winners will not only be released on Spinnin’ Records but will also become NFT products with LGND Music, enabling a new dimension of digital distribution for winners.
The event’s official release party, held for the first time online in The Sandbox, will feature music from each of the winning DJs and a virtual appearance by each DJ as a NPC that players can interact with.
In the WBDD contest, new DJ talents from around the world are invited to submit their best demos for the opportunity to win an official Spinnin’ Records or Musical Freedom release. This year, legendary DJ Tiësto is an official jury member and the Dutch DJ, record producer, musician, and remixer Mike Williams, will serve as the event’s official ambassador. This year’s competition was launched at Amsterdam Dance Event and over 2,000 demos from all around the world have been submitted.
Spinnin’ Records and The Sandbox will continue to collaborate on exciting and innovative community Web3 initiatives, so stay tuned!👀